In 2015, approximately 50% of Americans received some form of public assistance with 21% of Americans receiving monthly assistance. The federal government maintains over 2,300 assistance programs administered by state and local governments, distributing hundreds of billions of dollars annually. Government spending on health and welfare alone now accounts for 10.1% of the nation's gross domestic product (GDP).
These programs provide critical assistance to many Americans. Unfortunately, they also present massive opportunities for fraud, waste, and abuse. In 2015, just the top 10 government programs improperly paid $113 billion in benefits. Improper payment rates vary across programs but are estimated to be 6.7% for the $261 billion Medicaid program, 11.6% in Unemployment Insurance, and as high as 27% for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
Pondera Solutions: Detect, Investigate, and Enforce Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Pondera Solutions was founded in 2011 with the singular focus of leveraging the power of cloud computing and advanced analytics to combat fraud, waste, and abuse in large government programs. Since that time, we have helped our clients prevent and collect hundreds of millions of dollars in improper payments.
Pondera offers a comprehensive cloud solution to help you detect, investigate, and enforce fraud, waste, and abuse. Our system combines your program data with third party consumer and business data and then runs every business, beneficiary, and transaction through a series of procedural and prediction models.
The system flags transactions that violate predetermined thresholds and sends an Alert to an integrated dashboard "built by investigators, for investigators". Your program integrity staff can then analyze the lead, use our system to investigate the lead, and even create and manage a case for ongoing enforcement activities.
Pondera's integrated solution includes the following functions:
- Fraud Detection as a Service (FDaaS) – Use Prediction Models, Alerts, Geospatial Analysis Maps, and more to detect potential fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Fraud Risk Scorecards – View proprietary risk scores for every participant in your program.
- SuperSearch – Quickly find suspects, associates, and affiliates with an easy-to-use look up tool.
- Social Media Analyzer – Investigate suspects' social media footprints.
- Network Analyzer – Visually display network connections between and among suspected bad actors.
- Case Tracker – Create, manage, collaborate on, and resolve cases.
- Executive Dashboard – Review the results of the Pondera system and your enforcement efforts.
- Intel Reports – Work with Pondera's Special Investigations Unit on case-specific intelligence reports.