Pondera Solutions is a rapidly growing provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) fraud detection services for large government programs. Our flagship offering, Fraud Detection as a Service (FDaaS) is used by government analysts and investigators to detect, investigate, and enforce fraud findings in Medicaid, Unemployment Insurance, Welfare, and other systems.
The User Experience (UX)/User Interface(UI) Designer is responsible designing, maintaining, and enhancing our system using design thinking practices. The position will work with internal groups such as product development, delivery, and research & development, as well as external groups including partners, client staff, and industry to incorporate new techniques and methods for effective data visualization and user experience.
Junior design engineers and interns
• Design and manage the systems user experience and user interface
• Produce and manage design artifacts such as storyboards, wireframes, journey maps, and empathy maps
• Communicating design principles, processes, and desired outcomes to Pondera’s executive team, relevant staff, and clients
• Observing current client interaction with our system and conducting interviews on usage
• Using design thinking research and best practices to support design decisions
• Using prototypes to validate hypotheses and work product
• Working within project schedules and multi-tasking to meet deadlines
• Other duties as required
Education and Experience
• 4 years of work experience as an interface designer
• 2 years of experience with design thinking processes and design
• Excellent communications and organizational skills
• Formal education in design thinking or direct experience working with design thinking processes in a software environment
• Experience with the design principles of Edward Tufte & Stephen Few
• Experience working with government clients
• Experience working with tech-enabled services or SaaS software
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities
• Must have high energy level; be self-motivated, with a results oriented demeanor.
• Experience with HTML, CSS, and Java Script
• Frequent sitting
• Occasional standing and walking
• Frequent bending and stooping
• Occasional repetitive motion
• Frequent talking and listening in person and over the phone
• Frequent handling of materials up to 50 lbs.
• Close up vision requirements
• Ability to cope with: Occasional public contact; working under pressure; long periods of concentration; changing priorities.
• Open office environment; moderate temperatures; moderate noise levels.• Occasional travel to client sites around the United States